Subject: [Leica] how i exposed a roll of film to direct sunlight and got my photos back -- lesson learned
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed Aug 22 15:26:29 2007

so, the other day, i was shooting with the Leica d200, I put the CF card in
Ye Olde Macintosh and looked at the pix. (Oooh, lovely.) Then I closed the
laptop and put it to sleep. The next morning I wanted to grab some photos
and rather than booting up the mac and ejecting the card, I just yanked the
CF card out. I went out and shot photos, looked at them on the camera screen
(ooh, beautiful), then when I got home, stuffed the card back in the card
reader, turned on my mac and ..... NO NEW PHOTOS. the computer -- and this
is why it tells you do do this when you're on a mac -- rewrote the new FAT
with the old one.

I was able to retrieve them with some effort using Get Data Back for FAT,
but I wanted to let people know, when your macintosh says "do not remove
this device without ejecting it" -- it's not kidding.

kc

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] how i exposed a roll of film to direct sunlight and got myphotos back -- lesson learned)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] how i exposed a roll of film to direct sunlight and got my photos back -- lesson learned)