Subject: [Leica] Noctilux M8 - Internal reflections or sensor problem? IMG
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sun Aug 26 04:40:49 2007

These test shots reproduce a problem I had while shooting Noctilux and M8 at
night by light of tiki torches.

I set up candles in my kitchen and shot 2 images.
First is with an IR filter.
Second is without.
Noctilux is wide open for both shots.
 www.korenman.com/candles

Note how the repeated images in the lower right change.
I think this is all internal reflection issues and not a sensor problem.
Leica claims that green images with the IR filter are due to internal
reflections between the lens and filter.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Eric

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Noctilux M8 - Internal reflections or sensor problem? IMG)
Reply from fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL) ([Leica] Noctilux M8 - Internal reflections or sensor problem? IMG)