Subject: [Leica] rats - probably bad M8 sensor IMG
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 11:44:19 2007

For high iso work, I find the tip from Doug Herr (used on his DMR) to work
very well on the M8.  Set iso to 320 or what ever low iso and use exposure
compensation -1, -2 stops.  then adjust in PS or what ever process you use
for exposure.  It seems to lower the noise significantly.  I know Doug got
this from someone else here on the LUG. Also I noticed the latest firmware
for the M8 seems to give lower noise for the higher iso speeds.

Gene