Subject: [Leica] M8 Problems
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Mon Aug 27 14:34:51 2007

My M8 worked just fine right out of the box.  I carried it all over
Yosemite, in 18 degree weather.  My problems so far have been:

1.  Adjusted the near focus myself with a hex wrench.
2.  Had some problem with the Tri-Elmar properly registering on EXIF that it
was set to 50mm; this seems to have resolved itself.
3.  The sequential numbering reset itself.  Not sure if this was me or the
camera.

That's all. On my M6, it would never get flash sync correct.  I think I sent
it back 5 times to Leica NJ.  I sold that and bought an M7, which runs
through batteries.

Considering the number of pictures I have taken with the M8, I think it is a
most problem free camera.

Bob Rose

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] M8 Problems)
Reply from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure) ([Leica] M8 Problems)