Subject: [Leica] M8 Problems
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue Aug 28 13:21:12 2007

Rob, I bought my M6 in 1990, and I think the list was in the range of
$2000  then.  That translates to something in the range of  $3100  of
today's dollars.

It was a lot of money for me then, just as $4750 was a lot  of  money
for me this Spring when I bought my M8.

For that lot of money, I got an exceptional camera that uses my fine
Leica and CV lenses.
I sold off some Leica gear and you have been seeing stuff from several
photographers who made  good deasls with me for my film gear.  I kept
my R8 and my MDa, but I don't know for how long.  I'm extremely
satisfied with the camera and though it has demonstrated a few minor
glitches, it keeps on purring and giving me great pictures.

One aside, is that the M6 came from the factory with an inoperative
film counter.  Then six years later it broke again.  That  made me
unhappy, but it didn't  spoil the whole deal for me.

Sonny

Message from rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure) ([Leica] M8 Problems)