Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 - collectible status
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Aug 31 04:45:43 2007

>>An average person with a functioning index finger (or thumb) can bring home
>>beautiful images that possibly outclass the best that even pros can
>>achieve.

Dan
Some people consider every picture they made as beautifu. Or consider it as
beautiful because there's a beautiful subject on it (like their kids or
pets), regardless of the photographical quality. I dont know if this is so
with you. As I am concerned, pushin the button is one thing only. Mastering
the camera's features (if auto or manual), being in the right position to
subject and light, right angle of view, framing, setting the right aperture,
timing, and more, comes to my mind when I think about what skills do I need
for shooting.

>>I wonder often: What do professionals now have to do to keep above
>>the herd, to maintain that cutting edge, to corner that market, so
>>that the income keeps coming in?

>Work hard at marketing and charge what your work is worth, something most
>hobbyists are not willing to do.
>Tina

...and being able to doo a good work every day, under any circumstances, on
every location, I guess.

For me as hobbyist, it's easy to make a "beautiful" photograph from time to
time - when I just found a nice subject, incidentally applied my limited
photographical knowledge correctly, and not messed up the picture later! My
wife says then "looks good, as from a pro". I just smile and say nothing,
but know it would be tough to have 5 such shots every day, 5x a week.

The more I learn about photography, the more I have respect from what I
don't know.

Didier

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Re: M8 - collectible status)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: M8 - collectible status)