Subject: [Leica] Migrating to M8: What's Really Necessary?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 19:33:36 2007

Hi Len,

Not sure I can answere all of the questions, but here goes.  Onlly the
lenses wider than 35mm, some say even the 35's need it, but my experience
with my 35 Summilux, it does not need it.  Don't know who else does it as I
have no lenses which need it, my new 28 came that way.  Can't answere number
3, my 35 Summilux does not seem to have this problem as far as I can tell,
but the problem seems to be with the high speed lenses.  Nope this should
not effect then at all, it is onlly because of the flat sensor that this has
even shown up.  Most IR filters are available right now from Leica, and they
are available from the filter makers already, but if you are not quite ready
to buy now,then by the time you get ready, they should be widely available.

Gene

-------------- Original message from Leonard J Kapner
<kapner@earthlink.net>: --------------