Subject: [Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their nativelanguage")
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Sep 1 13:31:16 2007

Well, this feels a bit like witchcraft, but I did 20 consecutive cycles of
        * blow dust with 10 squeezes of the Rocket
        * Spin the brush and brush the sensor once on each side
        * Lather, rinse, repeat. Well, not really lather and rinse.
And it worked. I took 20 test shots of a clear blue sky and there were no
dust spots on any of them.  My M8 sensor is clean again. Tra la.

I have no idea how the dirt got in there, but obviously it did. Maybe the SD
card slot has an air path to the sensor, or something evil like that.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their native language"))
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their nativelanguage"))