Subject: [Leica] M8 cleaning mystery
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Sep 3 10:28:32 2007

> Let us now have a lesson on the differences 'tween electrostatic und
> electromagnetic forces.

And adhesion, which is at the atomic level sort of electrostatic.

I find it very interesting that the polyester brushes (Arctic Butterfly etc)
are given a static charge by blowing air over them, while I am led to expect
that blowing air into the chamber and onto the surface of the sensor will
remove statically-charged particles.

I also find it interesting that the care and treatment of expensive
automobile finishes is always done with wet cleaning because (so the car
manuals tell us) brushing or wiping them when they are dry will scratch
them,
but many people are afraid to do wet cleaning of their sensor. I think I
should be afraid to put Turtle Wax on my sensor, but should not be afraid to
clean it with a sensor-cleaning liquid.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery)
Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] M8 cleaning mystery)