Subject: [Leica] Leica lens production rumours
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Sep 6 02:49:53 2007

>I think it's high time that the LUG appointed an official rumour committee.

OK you're elected as president by my unanimously vote.

>New thread on the Leica User Forum discussing rumoured  production changes
>with some lenses becoming available only by special order. Any bets on
>which models will fade away?

These who sell less. For instance the 90/2.8 Elmarit since the 90/2.5
Summarit will be faster and more affordable. Also the 75/1.4mm could see
hard times coming up.

Something fast below 28mm should happen. 24/2 Summicron or so. A digital CL
kind M-mount or fixed lens compact camera should also happen.

Didier (vice-president)

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica lens production rumours)