Subject: [Leica] Question about Lightroom and an Epson 3800 Printer
From: chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl)
Date: Fri Sep 7 19:36:04 2007

I am trying to optimize my printing with an Epson 3800. I am using Lightroom
to process the images.

I have a few questions regarding maxium usable resolution of a photo sent to
an Epson 3800 for printing.

Lightroom has an option in the print module for specifying the resolution
(dpi) of the file sent to the printer.  The range of values specified in
Lightroom is 72-480 dpi.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was
an upper limit to the resolution of the file being sent to the
printer...i.e., anything  greater than say 300 dpi was wasted.

Does anyone know what the upper limit is for an Epson 3800?  Is there a
problem with specifying 480dpi Lightroom as the default?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Charles Hehl

Replies: Reply from lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga) ([Leica] Question about Lightroom and an Epson 3800 Printer)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Question about Lightroom and an Epson 3800 Printer)