Subject: [Leica] IR/UV filter differences
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Sep 13 16:45:07 2007

George,

I've done extensive testing with Leica, B+W and Heliopan filters. The
differences are most pronounced at the extreme wide angle lenses like
15, 16, 18 and 21mm. The B+W and Heliopans are stronger then the
Leica's so the M8 under corrects for cyan creep. In the case of the
21mm a very slight correction in PS is OK. It's a lot more difficult
with the ultra wides.
At focal lengths above 21mm I don't see a difference.  All my testing
was with lenses that are 6 bit coded and from 16mm up to and
including 35mm. My son did the same test with his CV15mm.
I hope this helps.
Len