Subject: [Leica] Pushing Tri-X learning curve - my first attempt
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 15 20:17:44 2007

Alex,
Why not use Neopan 1600 instead?  Much less grain and a normal tonal curve.
Great shadow detail at 1600.

However, answering your question I would start with the Massive Development
chart times for Xtol diluted 1:3 which will give you better accutance,
cleaner looking grain, and more shadow detail before the highlights block
up.