Subject: [Leica] Holiday snaps - some more fireworks - with URL
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Sep 16 14:59:44 2007

Open the shutter when you see the rocket going up to the height you
expect it to burst, leave it open for between 5 and 15 seconds at f5.6,
and hope that something comes out. Actually, from where I was located
the time it took from the bang of a rocket being launched to it bursting
was around 3 seconds, so I had a fairly decent guideline "one and two
and three - press".

Leaving it open for longer times (with smaller apertures) means you get
too much of the brightest bits and and too much of the individual
fireworks overlapping.

As firework displays nearly always build up to a climax, you do have a
couple of minutes to check a few test shots when you're doing digital.A
certain amount of cropping is unavoidable.

Cheers
Douglas