Subject: [Leica] Is there a Leica/Nikon M hybrid in your future?
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 09:42:01 2007

In a message dated 9/17/2007 9:25:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

There  are more rumours over at dprev forums than members. A  digital
rangefinderfrom Nikon would be very appreciated, but  with
electronic-M-mount? I doubt Nikon would ever make any M-mount camera.  What
I am concerned, take autofocus, in-finder LCD and zoom away, put the  D3
fullframe sensor in the Nikon 2005 SP and I would be pleased enough.  And
even pay more than the mentioned $3k price  level.
Didier

They didn't mention FF per se. But I would assume the new pro  bodies would
be FF.
As for the M mount, why not? They have the whole Leica  fraternity to sell
the body to from the getgo. Leica is obviously honing the M9  accordingly.
The
M9 might arrive lower in price than we think, maybe with a kit  lens to boot.

Bob R