Subject: [Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Wed Sep 19 02:21:36 2007

Gene

I working from UK retailers and cannot speak for the US.

R.G Lewis still has "Demo" lenses at half price:

http://www.rglewis.co.uk/leica/r/r_demo.htm

Wilkinson has had a shake out but has a 90mm f2 Apo left 40% below list:

http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16412&cat=443&page=1

Photo Design is advertising (in Black & White Photography) "Demo" R9
and a range of lenses at almost half price (no web page).

All of this is very tempting but without good guidance about the
future it is not clear they are good investments.

If prices are holding in the US it would explain Leica's wish to keep
mute on a R10.

I do hope Leica can give some guidance soon; uncertainty is bad for
all concerned.

Chris B

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now)