Subject: [Leica] Quick Leica story
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Wed Sep 19 21:40:57 2007

Y'all -

So it seems, I was buying some cat food this evening when a store
employee, noticing the black thing dangling from my shoulder, called
out, "Is that a Leica??"

To which I responded, "Yes."

She said, "My boyfriend tricked me into agreeing to let him buy one
on Ebay.  He seemed to like to wear the thing, but I never saw any
pictures from it, so I made him sell it so we could pay the rent."

Kinda reminds me of that character in "Catch 22" - (Injun Joe maybe?)
who was depicted as constantly carrying around some "complicated
black camera" but never having any pictures to show for it...

At least my wife can't use this ploy against my M ownership. Not that
I think she's looking for such a thing, at least for the moment.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Quick Leica story)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Quick Leica story)