Subject: [Leica] M8 Kaput - the penultimate chapter
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu Sep 20 10:57:51 2007

Hi Luggers,
Well, my well traveled M8 has arrived in Solms and the package will
be opened up tomorrow. Leica has agreed to replace the camera but
with a twist. According to new German Government regulations the
replacement camera should be sent to the country from which the
broken camera came - in this case Canada. I don't live in Canada but
in Hong Kong so following the regulation won't put a new camera in my
hands anytime soon as I am returning home to HK on Tuesday - not to
mention the question of Canadian taxes and duties. I have sent Leica
copies of my HK ID and driver's licence and I hope that common sense
will prevail. As they say, "it ain't over until the fat lady sings"
Cheers,
Howard (in wet and cold Vancouver - packing for hot and sunny HK)

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 Kaput - the penultimate chapter)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 Kaput - the penultimate chapter)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 Kaput - the penultimate chapter)