Subject: [Leica] Firmware 1.108 not available BUT
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Sep 21 04:18:15 2007

Dear Leica M8 Customers
We would like to inform you about further updates for your camera.

?
Subjects

?New firmware version 1.108 - Not available for download!

?
New firmware version 1.108 - Not available for download!
As of now, all LEICA M8 cameras produced are equipped with the new
firmware version 1.108. For the user, this firmware version is
identical to the current version 1.107. This was necessary because
certain electronic parts were no longer available and had to be
replaced. If you have the firmware version 1.107 installed in your
camera, your LEICA M8 will remain absolutely up to date. An update to
the version 1.108 is unnecessary. Hence, this firmware version will
not be available as a download on our homepage.

?
Your Leica Internet-Team

I wonder if the new electronics parts includes a new circuit board
which previously caused some shutters (like mine) to fail??
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Firmware 1.108 not available BUT)