Subject: [Leica] Where to get B&W chemicals from for an overseas shipment
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Sep 24 02:21:01 2007

Hi Alex,

OK, I will take you step-by-step:

1) Go to http://www.fotomayr.de
2) From the menu at the top, click on HEIMLABOR
3) From the submenu (still at the top), click on CHEMIE
4) From the menu on the left, click on S/W FILMENTWICKLUNG
5) From the menu that appears near the middle of the screen, select a
manufacturer, or simply ALLE HERSTELLER (that means "all manufactureres"
6) You now have all the products and prices
7) To buy a product, click on the little shopping card symbol next to
it. A new screen will come up, and there you can adjust the quantity
(Menge). Once happy, click on PRODUKT IN WARENKORB LEGEN (put product
in shopping cart). You will then see a pop-up with their general
terms & conditions - just click OK to accept.
8) You then see a summary of your shopping card. You can continue
shopping by clicking on EINKAUF FORTSETZEN at the bottom.
9) When ready to place the order, click on KUNDENDATEN. In that
screen, fill in your data. If you fill in your date of birth at the
top and check the box "Ich mochte als Internet-Kunde registriert
werden" at the bottom, then you will only have to fill in all those
details the first time you place an order. You will get a customer
number which you can use in the future.

After this, it is just the usual bit of putting in your credit card
details etc.

I know it is a bit of a drag if you do not understand German, but
maybe you know someone who does? This is one of the problems with
many German sites, they often do not have English versions. But the
shops are good and so are the prices.

Nathan

On 24-sep-2007, at 9:52, Alex wrote:

> Nathan, I'm on their site, it is all in German of course, pitty
> there is no English version...(and I do not read German besides of
> few single words...).
> May I kindly ask you to point me there to their B&W chemicals stock
> catalog ? (with prices) ?
>
> Many thanks, Alex
>
> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I don't think you need to mess around with mixing your own
>> chemistry. Several of the bigger German web shops will happily
>> ship stuff worldwide. For example, Foto Mayr has XTOL (as well a
>> number of other developers), ship worldwide, and I do not see
>> anything about not shipping chemicals on their web site. I have
>> done business with them many times and have always been happy with
>> the transaction:
>> http://www.fotomayr.de/webkat98/index_lab.htm
>>
>> And since Israel is outside the EU, the price you pay will be
>> lower than what is shown on the web site, since they will not
>> charge you German VAT.
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>> Alex wrote:
>>
>>> My stock of HC-110 is approaching to zero, need to renew. I'm
>>> also willing to try out some other developers (DD-X, XTOL and
>>> Microphen). Unfortunately, here in Israel, local chemicals supply
>>> is pretty dry for B&W, what only can be found on the shelves is
>>> Tmax developer and even HC-110 becomes scarce here...
>>> I'm considering purchasing from abroad, naturally B&W, Adorama
>>> come to mind...
>>> However, inquiring Adorama they responded that they do not ship
>>> chemicals overseas which is really pitty. I sent the request to
>>> B&W as well, hope they will respond within 2-3 days, but ssupect
>>> they will also refuse on shipping overseas.
>>>
>>> Are there any other sources who may ship chemicals overseas ? If
>>> not in US, perhaps in Europe (but yet the prices would be
>>> reasonable) ?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Alex

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com