Subject: [Leica] 21mm Lens Questions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Sep 25 14:10:48 2007

> Slobodan
> Why don't you have a talk with our friend at CameraQuest.  I bet that
> Cosina could be convinced to make a faster 21 in LTM.  Or, I have
> heard very good things about the original 21 Biogon converted to LTM.
> Marc has one, possibly he could send you a print.  Cost would be in
> the $1200 range if you didn't mind a permanent conversion to LTM.
>
> On 9/25/07, slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:
>> That 2.8cm f8 is a Zeiss Tessar, by the way.
>> I personally wouldn't use it.
>> I threw in the towel with the 2.8cm Hektor.
>> Not my shooting style.
>>
>> Now if the Biogon f4.5 came in LTM mount, I'd find a way to get one
>> next week.
>>
>> s.

I'd try to convince him to come out with one slower.
An f8. Why faster? Whose asking for speed? We can shoot at ISO 1600 on a
whim!

Slower And come out with one about the size of a super Angulon.
Maybe even one symmetrically designed. Not retrofocal.
A Cosina SA.

Lets not forget we are shooting with a rangefinder camera.
Which does not require bloated optics to make for an image in the viewfinder
bright and snappy enough to focus with.

We can focus fine with an f11.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com