Subject: [Leica] portrait of elizabeth (mostly safe for work)
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue Sep 25 15:00:35 2007

Kyle writes:

> elizabeth in the studio.
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2007/liz-dress1.jpg
>

> leica d200 with a 50mm 1.8 at f 2.8, alien bees monolight strobe in a 3x2
> softbox above the model and slightly to camera right.
>
> i really like this lighting -- not sure if it's because it actually looks
> nice, or i've been brainwashed into thinking it looks "professional". but
> i'm suddenly thinking that if i had 30 portraits with the exact same
> lighting it would make a pretty cool show.

I'm suddenly thinking if you had 30 portraits of Elizabeth with the
exact same lighting it would make a *really* cool show.

I believe you have absolutely nailed the lighting in this shot and it
certainly follows the absent Uncle Ted's KISS philosophy to the enth degree.

Was the light directly above the model or pointed down or forward at a
slight angle?  Was it at full power or amped down?

I'm gonna learn your technique (well, some of it that is legal, anyway)
  if it kills me....

--Bob

--Bob