Subject: [Leica] Re: portrait of elizabeth (mostly safe for work)
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed Sep 26 06:24:01 2007

of this

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2007/liz-dress1.jpg
<http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2007/liz-dress1.jpg>

adam sed:

>I like this image a whole lot Kyle and I think I'd enjoy understanding
>how you came to make on this  lighting. I'm not asking for you to
>explain, just saying that how you came to it would be interesting.

it was -- for all intents and purposes -- stupifyingly simple. there's one
strobe behind a 3x2 foot softbox. That's on a stand about two or three feet
above the model and aimed nearly straight down -- as straight down as my
stand and the softbox would allow -- maybe an 80' angle then that's right up
against the right hand side of the camera (camera nearly touching the stand)
the model about four feet away, 50mm lens at 2.8, low power on the strobe.
that's it.

then you just say "put your skirt in your mouth".

that's the hard part.

kc

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Re: portrait of elizabeth (mostly safe for work))