Subject: [Leica] Oh god, I'm thinking of trying a Tri-Elmar 28/35/50. Tell me I'm insane.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 30 19:49:35 2007

Vick,
Don't let the feeling slip away.  The Tri-Elmar is almost as good as
my 50 ASPH but gives me the two wider focal lengths in one package.
The speed issue is over blown unless you are frequently shooting in
the dark.  Just learn to carry around some Neopan 1600 and even in the
dark you can use an F4 lens.

Really, it is all about knowing what you will be photographing and
lensing up accordingly.  Traveling light, carry the Tri-Elmar: doing
portraits, pick up a 75 or 90.  Shooting in the dark pack in your
Summilux's.