Subject: [Leica] Suggestions for lens purchases?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Oct 1 18:32:57 2007

Gene, that just leaves you a 24 and a 21 then in Leica glass. I won't talk
about the two 35 asph designs since you have a 35 and
people seem polarised on their 35 opinions. (OK I can't resist, you might
get good money for your Summilux to invest in the asph
version). I'm assuming your new 28 has the 6 bit treatment. I'd love to see
some pictures from a coded version on an M8. Sounds like
the 21's are hard to get currently since folks want them for their M8's. The
24 asph is my own dream wide. Herr Puts rates it as one
of the very best of Leica M lenses, along with the 90AA and the APO-Telyt
135 (and the 50 asph I think). None of the modern glass is
going to be a bargain price, but long after you have managed to pay for them
the pleasure of ownership will continue. Its only money
;-)

Cheers
Hoppy