Subject: [Leica] m8 glass display back popped off!
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sat Oct 6 07:49:14 2007

Eric -

I don't know the real answer to your question but if it was me, I'd
use this 3M stuff that comes in sheets (with protective coated paper
on both sides) that I got from Don Goldberg to stick the peeling
covering back onto my long-suffering trusty M6.  You trace & cut the
shape for your application.

Don't know the real name of it, but you can probably track it down
from this info.  Keep in mind that two important properties of an
adhesive for this application are immunity from spreading beyond the
desired borders and the ability to get the part off again for repair
when necessary (which is probably why they used a heat-release
adhesive in the first place.)

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] m8 glass display back popped off!)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Got Milk?)