Subject: [Leica] Never judge a book by its cover
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Oct 6 15:53:01 2007

I agree with the dream part, Tina.

Do not forget that this is a very popular TV format that sells all
over the world, though.
It's from the Freemantle stable, or comparably, and this simply means
that it is staged. Or at least very well scripted. Because it makes
it sell better.
Everything in these talent shows is, except for the talents
themselves. They get played with. The poor lad is talented, but I
will tell you what will happen next.
He will get a music contract with one of the majors, will get in the
entertainment business, and after a while, he'll discover that that
wasn't what he wanted at all. And that will be the end of his story.
Luckily, he'll have enough money at that time to finally do what he
wanted to do in the first place: sing opera. Not belcanto.
So I am happy for him.
But he'll have less money than those that invented the format. Which
is kind of perverse (you ought to know because it's all about
intellectual property and what that's worth)
And it makes me wonder: why did he have to sell cell phones in the
first place?
In a good educational system his talent would have been noticed in time.
And not too late as he is now: I heard a radio interview with him
(media loves fairy tales) and he's completely unaware of what is
happening to him. Let alone that it is too late for him to get
excellent: by the time that he's trained enough to reach a high level
of performance, he will be physically too old and his voice won't
bear with him any more.
Yet another unpolished diamond thrown away by modern society.
Panem et circenses...

Philippe

Op 7-okt-07, om 00:10 heeft Tina Manley het volgende geschreven: