Subject: [Leica] Never judge .. Gould/Mozart/ Gulda
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun Oct 7 11:27:24 2007

Ah Gulda. Now I can reveal my absolute bargain bought a few weeks ago from
Amazon France. The entire output of Beethoven on 85 CDs for 75 Euros!

<http://www.amazon.fr/Beethoven-lInt%C3%A9grale-en-85-CD/dp/B000PTYJLM/ref=p
d_bbs_sr_1/171-6946033-3941059?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1191781191&sr=8-1>

Gulda performs the piano sonatas, and in case you thought the performances
would be by no-name ensembles, the symphonies are by the Gewandhaus orch
cond Masur, piano concertos are Gulda and the VPO cond Stein, masses are LSO
cond Davis. And so it goes on.

The version I bought had another 15 CDs of historical recordings from EMI
including Casals in the cello sonatas, Furtwangler in the 9th symphony,
Klemperer in the 3rd. Oh and a complete Fidelio by Furtwangler.  I'm not
certain that these are still being included in the set Amazon is selling.

Unbelievable value.

Steve