Subject: [Leica] IMG: catch the tired prisoner
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Oct 7 14:05:05 2007

Phil:

>Could we have some technical details please.

http://canid.com/newest/prisoner.html
1/160 at f/4
ISO 400
Canon 5D, 24-105/4 at 60mm

Of the three, this was my heavily manipulated in Photoshop.  Converted to
B&W and then tried to get the posts to be level.  I was shooting from down
below, so the posts tilted in at the top.

http://canid.com/newest/tired.html
1/80 at f/5.6
ISO 400
Canon 5D, 24-105/4 at 70mm

Gotta love the light from a north-facing sliding glass door.  :)  That's the
blown white background.  My wife told me "grab your camera.  Be quick *and*
quiet."  I've learned to listen to her.  :)

http://canid.com/newest/the_catch.html
1/640 at f/8
ISO 400
Canon XTi, 300/4 + 1.4x (effective 672mm.)

She was playing first base, and I was sitting about 15 ft past 3rd.  The kid
on the right is in the pitcher position.  She was attempting to catch a
throw back to 1st from the 2nd baseman.  I used a "cropped" camera plus a
1.4x teleconverter which made the 300mm yield the same view as a 672mm lens
on a full frame body.

Thanks for looking!

--
Eric