Subject: [Leica] [Img] Exhibit Opening
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Sat Oct 13 05:04:22 2007

Thanks Ric. The desolation was profound. I stood with the 4 x 5 on
the tripod right in the middle of the street for 20 minutes while I
composed this shot -- not one car came by. The tones were just lucky,
though I'm not sure they would have come out so smooth if I'd shot it
with the Leica (nor would the print have held up at 32" x 40" --damn,
that cost me a bundle to frame!). As I said this is part of a series
in progress -- 8 pictures is hardly a "body of work" -- my
photography business seems to suck all of my time away from making
pictures.

Gilbert

Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] [Img] Exhibit Opening)