Subject: [Leica] OT Mac vs PC
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 12:39:36 2007

Hi Everyone,

Lately I haven't seen much difference between System X and  Windows (from
W2K
on). As clock speed and RAM increase, Windows acts like System  X with some
advantages, like specializd applications not available for the  Mac.
Besides,
Apple is now using the same Intel processors as the Windows  outfits; the
latest being the Penryn 45nm chipsets, about to hit us in November.

It seems to me that Windows has more ways of recovering  from a bad crash
than OSX. Just OMO. In any case, I have a Mac around for  backup.

I haven't used Vista yet, but sight unseen I prefer the way  OSX handles
drive representation on the desktop.

Bob

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT Mac vs PC)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] OT Mac vs PC)