Subject: [Leica] OT Mac vs PC
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Oct 16 22:30:29 2007

Not wishing to contribute to a religious war, I still want to add my
data point. I have been using DOS and later Windows since the first
IBM PC came out in 1980. In the spring of 2006 I bought my first Mac,
the Powerbook G4 on which I am typing this. In the 1 1/2 year since,
the Mac has co-existed with a couple of Windows machines at home plus
the one at work. My Windows computers need to be rebooted at least
once a day, with the exception of one that is not connected to the
net, which "only" freezes a couple of times a week. The Mac has not
needed rebooting since I bought it (except when installing software
that requires rebooting).

It is this awesome stability, not speed or pretty icons, that have
converted me to Apple.

Nathan

On 16-okt-2007, at 21:39, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Lately I haven't seen much difference between System X and  Windows
> (from W2K
> on). As clock speed and RAM increase, Windows acts like System  X
> with some
> advantages, like specializd applications not available for the
> Mac. Besides,
> Apple is now using the same Intel processors as the Windows
> outfits; the
> latest being the Penryn 45nm chipsets, about to hit us in November.
>
> It seems to me that Windows has more ways of recovering  from a bad
> crash
> than OSX. Just OMO. In any case, I have a Mac around for  backup.
>
> I haven't used Vista yet, but sight unseen I prefer the way  OSX
> handles
> drive representation on the desktop.
>
> Bob

Nathan Wajsman