Subject: [Leica] Just joined
From: jmooney776 at verizon.net (Jim Mooney)
Date: Fri Oct 19 12:29:26 2007

Thanks to everyone for the truly warm welcome and advice on gearing up.  I
think I'll be starting off with a war time screw mount body.  I know it's
now the easiest as far as use goes but one of the the things that has always
attracted me to Leicas is the deep history and their role as a witness to
history.  I'm a student of that era in some of my spare time so it feels
appropriate.  I'm planning on equipping it with a 5cm/3.5 Elmar and a
matching 3.5cm Elmar.  Cost is also a factor for me at this point.  IN the
future I'll add some M gear to the stable but it's out of reach for now.

As an aside I printed in a darkroom for the first time this week and it was
an amazing experience.  I'm loving it.  I've never gotten this sense of
accomplishment from producing prints of my work digitally.  I'm hooked on
B&W as well.  It's freeing to not be obsessing over colors.

I'll post some of my work as soon as I get my scanner hooked up. Thanks
again for great welcome!

Jim