Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers Walt
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri Oct 19 17:43:00 2007

Some information on cats that had previously escaped me, but explains some
of our cat's behavior:

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to
your child's question, "Where do pets come from?"

And Adam and Eve said to God, "We are lonesome here and it is difficult for
us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "I will make you a companion. Regardless of how selfish or
childish or unloveable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you
are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was
a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be
with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And God said, "Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of
my love for you, his name shall be a reflection of my own name, and you will
call him DOG.

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.
And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged
his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said,
"Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like
peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed
taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "I will create for them a companion who will be with them
forever and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of
their limitations, so that they will know that they are not worthy of
adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes,
they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings. And Adam and Eve
learned humility. And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased. And Dog was happy. And Cat didn't give a shit one way
or the other.