Subject: [Leica] Getting into Leica
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 13:24:36 2007

Philippe Amard <phamard@numericable.fr> wrote:

>  From what I saw on your site an R would do the trick

I'll admit to an R bias too - but if Justin is looking for something
smaller and lighter than his Nikon system R's not the ticket.

> I know we also have SL and SL2 users or owners over here - the SL2 is
> the way to go if you want to have a fully mechanical camera while
> enjoying the full range of R lenses. Not the SL. Both have the best
> viewfinders you can dream of, ever (right? Doug).

It used to be that the SL2 was the way to go for the full range of lenses
but for those who want to keep the ROM contacts on their lenses the SL is
the way to go as long as you don't need to use one of the lenses that
requires more mirror clearance.  With very slight modification to the lens
and camera, many ROM lens can be used on the SL, not so the SL2.  About the
viewfinder we're in complete agreement!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -