Subject: [Leica] dealing with nitrate film
From: leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson)
Date: Wed Oct 24 12:07:08 2007

I client of mine presented me with a box of old 35mm film that has been
rolled up in canisters for years and wants to know the best way to scan it.
It's curly.  Some of it is on a nitrate base. Can you wash and hang nitrate
film to straighten it out?  Can nitrate film be stored in today's archival
negative sleeves?  What is the best way to safely store nitrate based film?
Here's the fun one:  in the box is a leica cassette with film in it: if it
is nitrate based, can it be processed in conventional chemistry?

Thanks

Leo

Replies: Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] dealing with nitrate film)