Subject: [Leica] Images of the Polar bears
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 05:05:07 2007

Thanks Mads,
we saw the bears in Svalbard and in Greenland, where we went to the East
coast and spent time in the fjord systems. The closest we came was on the
boat. The mother and cub were quite a long way away, as we did not want ot
"disturb" them that far from land. The bear on the beach, we saw as we left
the beach: it swam past us and walked over the place we had been 10 minutes
earlier putting on our life jackets. It was a reminder that the bears can
come from anywhere. It is a wild place and very remote. There is less "life"
there than most places I"ve been. We got as high as 80 degrees north, but
the places we went are perhaps not as wild as those you frequent!!!!

Cheers