Subject: [Leica] Zeiss ZM Sonnar 50mm 1.5 ?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 12:58:04 2007

mehrdad <msadat@gmail.com> wrote:

> it is supposed to have a look of the old sonnars when wide open and i
> could not put my hand on it. when i take a shot, i know what i have
> taken but with this lens wide open i could not. i really tried hard to
> see if i can get a handle on it but...

As I understand it the 'old sonnar' look is from spherical aberation which
among other things causes focus shift as it's stopped down.  The RF cam is
adjusted for moderate apertures so it's tricky to focus accurately at close
range & wide aperture.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Zeiss ZM Sonnar 50mm 1.5 ?)