Subject: [Leica] LHSA Rochester Pix
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Oct 26 19:31:30 2007

> Mark - The small 28 mm f2.8 is generally what's on my D40x.  Haven't
> tried the 24 yet but will at some point.  It's damned hard to focus
> that 28 on that camera in dim light though.  Those Rochester people
> shots I showed were the few that were properly focused out of about
> 20 I took.  The little green focus light gave up under those
> conditions and the lack of a focus aid in the ground glass really
> made things hard.

I also have a first out AF 28 2.8 from nikon on there for that 42mm slot I
love so well. True normal.
That was before the started giving the focusing some resist and rubber so
you got the verisimilitude of a real AI lens ands people hated them free
spinning and thin. I love them. You can focus with your pinky..
I couldn't sell it for 30 bucks.
Its sharp as heck. Love the darned thing.
No Close Range correction (CRC) correction I loose sleep over that.
What do you want? Egg in your beer?!?!

Love the elegance of a single focal length less plasticy lens. (heavier)

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com