Subject: [Leica] IMG : #356
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Sun Oct 28 01:59:15 2007

On 23/10/2007, at 21:19, Philippe Amard wrote:

> Graham,
> This one looks vaporous, soft, peaceful and "aerial" (DK if I can
> say that), nearly unreal..
> Sounds it is a nice tip you got from Luis.
> So could you please share my praise with him?

If you're doing it the traditional way with wet stuff you might have
to experiment with things like sepia, carbon, polysuphide and
selenium. Thiourea rends too much yellow to me. Results are very
dependent of paper maker.

If you're doing it digitally, you can alter the curves by channel or
manipulating the colour balance in shadows/midtones/highlights going
colder or warmer depending your thoughts. Much better if you do this
in an adjustement layer, so you can experiment with several mixes at
a glance or choosing how it will mix with the rest of layers.

Hope this helps.

Any day above ground is a good one.
http://luis.imaginarymagnitude.net

Message from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] IMG : #356)