Subject: [Leica] lenses that shouldn't
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Mon Oct 29 02:33:56 2007

On Oct28 22:31, Frank Filippone wrote:
> Why are there dots on your kids' eyes?  PS or is it just  the lighting?

it's manga-eyes!  they're half-japanese you know.

the big reflections are probably reflections of my big white
shirt or something.  i don't use photoshop.

> Now, what do you think of having to shoot wide open vs  the alternative of
> manually changing the aperture or focusing at less than full aperture?

i very rarely stop down these days.  perhaps once in a while when i am
cajoled to take a nice "group picture" of kids or people.
the 80% not in the plane of focus would likely not be amused to see
themselves bokefied into mist.

> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

-rei