Subject: [Leica] Neopan1600 + Xtol1:3 is good...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Oct 30 20:07:44 2007

> Well, Mark is right. This is a good combo. One problem (among others)
> I had with Xtol 1:3 was that I use the Jobo rotary and with 1:3
> dilution, the amount of Xtol per film area is getting mighty thin.
> This time my brain slowly engaged and I realized I can use the 4 roll
> tank to develop the two rolls, ensuring there's 125 ml. of Xtol in
> there sloshing around.
>
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/data/3254/3Scan-071030-0003.jpg
>
> // richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
> please use richard at imagecraft.com)

You expect to be using thinner dilutions for a Jobo and 1:3 is not to thin
for a metal tank. With the exception of Tmax 100.
And I know for sure delta 3200 needs 1:1. Maybe you could try 1:2 with the
stuff. If they still make it.

One to three with Xtol is not too thin.

You can make negs as meaty as you'd ever want just by giving it to much time
or at too hot a temperature.

So meaty you'd need mustard! Maybe a sliced tomato

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com