Subject: [Leica] Earthquake
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Tue Oct 30 23:01:39 2007

Sure got my attention, not to mention my heart racing,
here in the shadow of Mt. Sutro in deepest San
Francisco.  It awakened a visceral memory of the Loma
Prieta quake of 1989, which struck while I was at work
in Palo Alto.  It was an eerie, slow motion drive home
to a dark and smoldering SF, with a steady stream of
cars emerging from the interrupted World Series game
at Candlestick Park.  Fortunately all was well at
home, and all the neighbors were still mingling out in
the street, vibrating with adrenaline and aftershocks.
 We soon found out that part of the Bay Bridge had
collapsed, portions of a freeway were down, and that
fires were burning in the Marina district.

Tonight's quake was a good long shake and a
pre-Halloween scare, but there are no obvious signs of
damage so far.  Gratefully so, as it felt rather
strong to me.  We'll know more in the morning.

Peter.
SF, CA