Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Kurdish Men
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Thu Nov 1 01:01:26 2007

--- images@comporium.net wrote

>>With all of the talk about Kurds and Turks, I was inspired to go
>>back through my files and find my photos of Kurdish men in the
>>bazaar in Kermanashah, Iran, in 1974.  These were made with the
>>only camera I had at the time - a Minolta SRT 101 - on outdated
>>TriX film bought from shop in Tehran and developed in my Farsi
>>bathroom darkroom.  It's a miracle they even came out!
>>
>>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/88196596
>>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/88196663
>>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/88196714
>>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/88196737
>>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/88196758

Thanks for getting these images out of the "shoebox". It was well worth the
effort. They are very emotional. Like others I agree they are a little soft,
but that does not really detract from the story. The 101 and 55mm f1.4 were
my dream combination, but when I look back on the images, they are a little
soft especially wide open, and I suspect with the lack of DOF in these
images they were pretty wide open. My favourite is number 2: it could be
taken at the end of the 1939-45 unpleasantness in Europe especially Italy. I
hope there are more where these come from

Cheers from Ballarat

Alastair