Subject: [Leica] IMG: New Hoppy travelogue part two, Amsterdam
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Nov 3 06:21:04 2007

LUG citizens, my LUG friends know that I have recently had a short trip to
Amsterdam and Barcelona. My wife had a conference in
Sitges in Catalonia and we took the opportunity to visit Amsterdam along the
way, to meet some BeneLUG folks and other RF friends.
Then we managed to catch up with Nathan and Luis in Barcelona. Our group for
an afternoon or dinner in Amsterdam was Michiel,
Philippe O, Sytze, Sander, Els and Meino. That's some LUG folks and some
Leica or Rangefinder Forum folks.

It was a  fabulous, stylish and fascinating city and meeting up with like
minded people made our visit all the more enjoyable.

Sander recounted a tragic tale involving a tsunami and sunken Leicas, then
showed me his M8 and WATE. I took the challenge and shot
a couple of frames at 16mm on my M7. Don't need no steenkin' finder. My wife
who was inadvertently in profile at the edge of the
frames, has vetoed the 16mm shots from publication. Meino and Elsje proved
to be charming, friendly and talented people. You can see
some of their work on-line here www.innerside.demon.nl
<http://www.innerside.demon.nl/> . Meino's pictures for the day improved
considerably once he placed film in his M and Els was shooting with a film
SLR (the N type!). Sytze was a funny and friendly man,
shooting a Contax G2 and displaying a very Australian style sense of humour!
Efforts by Sytze and Michiel to improve my Dutch
language skills were not all together successful. When I learn my next word
it will double my vocabulary there.

My Amsterdam gallery starts below. This is all with the M7, the Summilux
asph 50 and the Summicron asph 28. The colour shots are
from the Provias (100F, 400F) and the bw is all Neopan 400 in dilute XTOL.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/1/a01.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/24yw4u

Comments and critiques are always welcomed.

Cheers,

Hoppy

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] IMG: New Hoppy travelogue part two, Amsterdam)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: New Hoppy travelogue part two, Amsterdam)