Subject: [Leica] IMG: a feast for sore eyes (Hoppy)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Nov 8 16:28:45 2007

I know we have drifted slightly off the original thread, but I think that
developing your own BW negs is really a nice extension of
M'ness. When I decided to take up the cudgel again, I popped into the Bay
for cheap gear. Typical of me and that site, I think I now
have more than twelve tanks! But they can be extremely cheap and even a
modern enlarger is often a fraction of its original value. I
saw a good Durst 35mm here recently go for AUD35 or so!
Anyhoo, I have now arrived at decent technique, chemistry and numbers for my
chosen BW films and as of about one day ago, finally
have a reasonably efficient scanning workflow happening. Forced on me by 11
rolls of Neopan film at once (plus 13 of slides)!
I wish I had the dedication, space and time to get reasonably proficient at
wet printing as well. However, intellectually I know
that scanning, PS and inkjet gives me large advantages in control,
repeatability and productivity. Maybe I just need open containers
of stop bath and fixer on my computer desk for atmosphere.
BTW I just revisited your medieval fair, now my night vision is ruined for
another day by those ladies.

Cheers
Hoppy