Subject: [Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?
From: phamard at numericable.fr (phamard@numericable.fr)
Date: Sat Nov 10 00:10:02 2007

Hi Ted,
It all depends if he intends to go again or not, on the kind of results he
expects, the places he wants to see, the time he spend on taking snaps, or
shooting photographs.

Following the now unescapable GRANT-KISS principle he might opt for the G9
as:
a) it has a zoom feature, convenient enough for traveling light, and
covering a variety of situations,
b) it can be replaced at any time if faulty, for a fraction of the cost of
M8 and lenses, and this in many a photo outlet on the old continent,
c) it would save him the risk of being mugged in Barcelona, thieved in Roma,
stabbed in London, crucified in Paris, etc. (HUGE WINK)

I simply hope he'll make a choice he won't regret afterwards. After all it
is his trip, his photos, and his expectations that matter.
But you're a very lucky grandfather Ted to have a grandson who cares about
GranDad's advice; more precious than anything else from my point of view.

Wish you all well, and him a nice trip.
Phil...x
ps:  let him know you have friends over here ... address off-list if needed