Subject: [Leica] IMG : #383
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Nov 12 15:17:57 2007

Oooh, nice. Of course I had to play here as well. It looks smashing with a
subtle platinum tone, too. I hope that the LUG supports
this Photoshop info exchange as on topic and of interest to many.
Now when you provide your sharpening suggestions folks, please distinguish
between sharpening for the low resolution version posted
on the web and sharpening for a print. The much higher resolution print size
will tolerate much higher levels, since it has more
pixels, of course.
Hoppy's first contribution on this:
When previewing the effect of the sharpening on screen, be sure to use round
numbers for the magnification in Photoshop eg 25% or
50% (hold down shift when you change magnification). This will ameliorate
the aliasing in image display on your monitor. Sometime
you read suggestions that you should view at 100%, you may like to try that
as well. I suggest that viewing at print size (on a
calibrated screen) works well to see the overall effect.

Cheers
Hoppy