Subject: [Leica] Just what does EX on *bay mean anyway?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Nov 13 19:56:47 2007

Jerry, I think that you are wrong on every point.
You don't know if the dealer will rectify this. Mistakes do happen.
Vick's post said the description only said slight mark and excellent
condition, plus the dealer apparently has good feedback. So
suggesting that Vick is a sucker for trusting a description from a dealer
that he has done well with previously would seem a bit
tough.
Finally I agree with Vick not publicising the name of the seller as yet.
Vick may yet achieve a resolution, it would be unfair and
unhelpful to publicly post something negative about the dealer prematurely.
IF the dealer is uncooperative then there are a number
of possible recourses.

Certainly trading on the Bay is higher risk than from a store. You weigh the
risk with the price and your own judgement.

Hoppy