Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: Prius experiences?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Nov 16 11:21:53 2007

It's a hugely popular car around here (Northern California). They are
*everywhere*.

The car itself seems to be just fine, but a lot of the people who buy them
start driving  in a way that infuriates others. Almost every day on the road
I see a Prius driver in the leftmost lane driving at exactly the speed
limit,
with angry drivers honking and waving obscenities as they try to get around
it. Last week I saw a big armored pickup truck intentionally rear-end a
Prius
to try to get it to move out of the fast lane, and no one except the Prius
driver was outraged by this. No one stopped.

Newspapers call this phenomenon "Prius Rage". A specialized form of road
rage.

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Totally OT: Prius experiences?)
Reply from ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] Totally OT: Prius experiences?)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Totally OT: Prius experiences?)